Friday, September 17, 2010

Benteng Fort de Kock

Fort de Kock was founded in 1825 by Captain Bauer at the Mount Jirek Affairs, Bukit Tinggi. Until today, Fort Fort de Kock is still a proud witness of the Dutch colonial rule at that time to the Minangkabau and swagger still remains implicit in the 20-meter-high building with white paint and green colors of this.

Fort de Kock is equipped with a small cannon at the four corners. Regions around the fort has been restored by local governments into a garden with shady trees and lots of children's toys.
The fortress is located at the Wildlife Park and Cultural Kinantan Bukit Tinggi is located in the same location with the High Hill Zoo and the Museum of Traditional House Baanjuang. Regions fort situated on a hill left of the entrance area while the zoo and museums gadang shaped house is situated on a hill on the right.

Both are connected by a bridge Limpapeh beneath which is a highway in the town of Bukit Tinggi. Indeed this region is located only 1 km from the center of Bukit Tinggi in the Clock Tower area, precisely in the canal road Renceh Tuanku nan. Bukit Tinggi itself can be taken about two hours from the city of Padang as the capital of West Sumatra province.

By paying a levy of Rp 5,000, saw the castle, cross the bridge with panoramic views, examining a variety of wildlife and learn history at the museum can be enjoyed as well. Traditional House Special Baanjuang entering, visitors must pay back entrance fee of Rp 1,000 per person. This place is often used as a family picnic or group goals for kindergarten and elementary school students to know the nature, history and culture as well.

A number of visitors even seemed happy just enjoying the shade around Fort Fort de Kock after reading the little explanation about the history of the fortress. It is written in a charter of about 10 meters in front of the castle which was signed by Mayor H. Bukit Tinggi Djufri when inaugurated as a tourist place on March 15, 2003. Here's a little explanation about the Fort Fort de Kock.

Fort de Kock was founded by Captain Bauer at the year 1825 at the Mount Jirek Bukit Tinggi country as the Netherlands East Indies government fortifications of the people in the face of opposition led by the Padri War Tuanku Imam Bonjol.

When the Baron Hendrick Mark de Kock became Commandant de Roepoen and Deputy Governor General of the Government of the Netherlands East Indies. From this location is where the name became Fort Fort de Kock.

Bukit Tinggi cool air can make the visitors who come to forget time. Especially when looking at the beauty Sianok Gorge, Mount Singgalang, Mount Pasaman and also the city from the top of Bukit Tinggi Limpapeh Bridge. Then keep walking to see different animals and mampi briefly in the House of Traditional Baanjuang to add a little insight about the culture of the Minangkabau.

In the building is deliberately built in 1930 by a Dutchman, Mr. Saved Controleur Mandelar various typical Minangkabau objects, such as custom clothing, buffalo horn and traditional fishing equipment. In this place, visitors can also take pictures on the bridge as well as with traditional outfit Minang only by paying USD 2500-USD 5000.

Fort Fort de Kock arrogance also recorded in a variety of souvenirs that were sold in stalls outside the tourist areas, such as T-shirts, keychains and bags distinctive Minangkabau. Unfortunately it seems, if the home without any special memories about the Fort Fort de Kock.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites